Background

Hearing ticker

CafeMom Tickers

Friday, November 22, 2013

Fall 2013 Family Pictures

I have to say that the following pictures paint a perfect and beautiful picture of my family of 3. (A special thanks to Kent Fleming who is always so patient and does an amazing job!) The day we took these pictures, waking up from naptime was rough, but we got through it. After half an hour of asking him to smile and him responding in his "whiny ways" he finally came around.
 
We have a lot of rough moments with this age. It's not easy. And it's not because he's a child with special needs, it's because he's a child. He has good days and bad. Sometimes he wakes up on the wrong side of the bed, and the next morning you could swear he's a totally different child.
Blair and I are still learning what works and what doesn't. We are having to step out of what we know and explore other options. And what works one day doesn't always work the next. He keeps us on our toes in more ways than one all waking hours of the day.
 
But I wouldn't change a single thing.
 
The gift of being a mother is something that is immeasurable. The up side is that the good times outweigh the bad. And when he is in a good mood, you don't just have a good time with him, you have a great time. He loves an audience, loves to entertain, and loves attention!
He loves to talk, he loves to dance (well jumping is his form of dancing) and he loves anyone who is willing to do all of that with him!
Mama has had to lay low lately on the dancing, but only because I am about to experience again the joy of becoming a mother to another baby boy. And it makes me smile from ear to ear. I can't wait for my heart to be twice as big with love from another angel being born into our family.
 










1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I am in love with your family pics. I noticed you followed my rarely updated blog, :) so I thought I would check in and see what hunter was up to.
    His 2.5 year-old testing is amazing, aren't results like that so satisfying?! It makes all the hurt go away. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete