Background

Hearing ticker

CafeMom Tickers

Monday, October 13, 2014

I Heart Fall!

Wow, I just realized it's been 2 months since my school post about Hunter starting Pre K 3. I always think about writing on the blog and know I need to catch up, but things have been non-stop since school started. Our new house is a little less than a month away, so I will finally have my feet back on the ground again once we are in.

Hunter has been doing wonderfully at St. Edward School. The first week or so was rough, he would cry/whine about going and he didn't like going to after school care. Which in our family is a must because I can't be there for 2:50 to pick him up every day. But now he has really gotten into the swing of things and actually likes going to after school care. When people ask him what his teacher's name is, he always includes the ASC teacher, Mrs. Jennifer. He has really gotten the days of the week concept down pat and every morning asks what day it is and where we are going that day. He knows now that we go to school Monday through Friday and stay home on Saturdays and Sundays. He also receives speech therapist twice a week at St. Edward with a lady who has sent me some of the nicest notes about his progress.


Honestly, this woman has no idea how much these emails ease my worries. I always pray that Hunter does great things in the future, but to get reassurance that someone else believes that will happen, and especially from a professional, makes all the difference in the world!!

I also wanted to mention that on October 25th I will be participating as a member of the family panel at an Usher Syndrome Symposium in Baton Rouge at the Pennington Biomedical Research Center. We are focusing on getting families from Louisiana together to discuss all aspects of Usher Syndrome. Dr. Jennifer Lentz who spoke at our fundraiser last September in Broussard is putting this on along with the LSU Health Sciences Center out of New Orleans. If you know anyone from Louisiana and surrounding areas who would be interested, please email strotochaud@usher2020.org.

My post will be a little short, but I will add a few pictures. Pictures tell more of a story than my updates anyway.

Riding in the new neighborhood!

And this munchkin is now actually 10 months... just haven't taken that picture yet! #secondchildsyndrome

Family Vacation, Orange Beach, AL 2014

It's soccer time!

Friends from school at their Race for Education

Farmer's Dress day for Sugarcane Festival

McNeese Football Game

Harrison, just trying to keep up with Hunter. But really just in it to chew on the padding!

2014 Gumbo Cookoff in New Iberia
 
It's good to be home again :)
 
Stay tuned for upcoming Halloween costumes... we are going trick or treating at Cajun Palms this weekend!
 
elise

2 comments:

  1. Love all the pictures! Miss y'all and hoping to come visit soon...now that October 15th is almost over! Would love to come see H play soccer! He looks so grown up in his little uniform!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elise, I've enjoyed reading your blog and just wanted to wish you all the best for the symposium this coming weekend - I know you will be an asset on the panel. Sending best wishes from England, Chloe

    ReplyDelete